Friday, August 29, 2014

High Five for Friday!

{one} This past weekend, my in-laws celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. And what better way to celebrate than to get the whole family together for bowling, laser tag, and games?? We headed to Main Event for a day full of fun. Tin at 10, Silver at 25, laser tag at 40 :)


{two} Everyone keeps talking about fall, and many have already started celebrating it. Pumpkin Spice Lattes, boots, and all. Aside from the fact that it's still 98 degrees here in Texas, and people just look plain silly wearing their fall attire, we still have 25 days left of summer. I love fall too- but I am desperately trying to soak up the last bits of summer. Everyone else can go sweat it out in their fall clothes, and I will continue to enjoy my tank tops and snow cones :) 

{three} I started reading Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin...and it's awesome. I have walked through many of her Bible study series, and I absolutely love them. Her format reminds me a lot of BSF, but is a tad more informal ;)  I really respect her approach to studying the Word, and I have the same heart to see women fall in love with the Word and really dig deep.

Buy it on Amazon

{four} Anyone else excited about Labor Day Weekend?? I am looking forward to {and desperately need} a 3-day weekend. I really need a vacation from work, but just haven't been able to take any extended time off. So a long weekend will have to suffice for now! We have our Fall Kick Off at Redeemer with worship and a concert by Ross King, and there are a number of things I need to get done around the house. But come Monday, I plan to be in my pajamas until I go meet Laura for dinner. I bet Laura wouldn't judge me if I showed up in my pajamas ;)

{five} Slightly sad...this week I realized that I would not see my childhood home again. My parents sold the house I grew up in, and I won't make it down to San Antonio in time to see it before they move. I am not really that bummed about it, as they have done so much remodeling in recent years that it hardly looks the same. But it will be weird to visit them in a new place. I am excited that they finally sold it though and can now find their new forever home!

Adios childhood home!



1 comment: