Tuesday, February 10, 2015

{30 Before 30} :: Become a Mom

This. Sigh.

No, this is not a post where I announce that we're pregnant {but oh how I wish it was!} Instead, this is a post that I write with a twinge of sadness and a weary heart. I was not able to cross this off my list like I so desperately wanted and prayed for...

This is actually what first prompted my {30 Before 30} list. While the idea of a bucket list was fun {and I enjoyed crossing these items off my list}, I really created it because I needed some projects on which to focus my attention. I really didn't care that much about the items on my list, in and of themselves, I just needed some distractions from the struggle we were facing to grow our family.

Some of the items on my list were even related to this one {Sell something I have made (for a stay-at-home-mom business)...Refinish a piece of furniture (for a nursery)...Write my will (to include children)...}   

Today I am a few days past 30, and I am still praying and waiting...

I realize that lots of women don't have their first babies until well into their 30s; it's not about checking an item off a bucket list or even worrying about my biological clock. The journey to becoming parents, for us, has been a long and heartbreaking struggle. One that has been such an intimate and arduous struggle that has rocked our world the past 2.5 years.

It has been 30 {long} months and counting. So since it didn't happen before 30, here's to becoming a mom in my 30s...


No comments:

Post a Comment